Thursday, July 29, 2010

Why I stick with blogging?

Thanks to Google images for the above image!

Hmm...
I wrote a post last week or so about why I blog. Now I am going to tell you why I stick with blogging.
My husband and I have moved around a lot in the past 5 years. We haven't owned a house yet together and so we just go where the jobs are.  Last year, in August, the job led us to the desert. Yup, that's right. Smack right here in the middle of a desert. (About 90 minutes from Vegas, so I'll take it.) :D

  Before Nevada was UT. I make friends easily. But it is hard to make close friends when you are always up and moving all the time. (And no, My husband is not in the army.) I have made some pretty good friends in the bloggy world that make me laugh AND cry. (Cry in a good way ya know.) I feel like I continue to blog to build our relationship better.

You have to get-to-know me right?

Blogging is always there for me. When I've had a bad day, or I need a laugh, just open up blogger and review the blogs I am following...It's that easy.  I admit, it's hard to pimp out your blog at first, comment like crazy on 20 thousand different blogs just to receive like 2 comments, but slowly but surely as you gain an audience, people WILL comment. They just will, trust me.

When you are honest with your readers, like I usually am, (unless I am trying to make you laugh) they will comment.

I stick with blogging because of the friendships, because I LOVE to write, and blogging helps keep me sane.
 I've been blogging for a little over a year now, and it still brings me joy to meet new friends. Twitter parties, Blogfrog communities, new writer friends...it's all good.

Thanks for choosing to stick by me on my journey of blogging.

Someday I might make it on Ellen. Ya think?


Why do you stick with blogging?
How long have you been blogging?
Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about all of those reasons to blog. It keeps you sane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun, it's a release, it's friendship, it's just good all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been blogging a little over 2 years - and I think the BIGGEST reason I stick with it is that I love to write. Yeah, it's good to be read - and I AM a slave to my comments... but I'd probably blog even if it was totally anonymous and the posts just went out into the ether. well, maybe...

    it certainly isn't about the money is it??!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm I will have to think about why I stick with i cause I know there are times when I had rain freeze I thought about throwing in the towel lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Post....

    Blogging is sort of a release for me, a place to be myself and relax, laugh and have fun (and be silly!) I like to make people laugh! For me, blogging is just 'Simply Fun' and is 'cheap entertainment' in my world! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I {{heart}} your new blog! I did not know it was here until today.

    I 'stick with blogging' because it is such a wonderful way to meet people, many of whom have dealt with the very same life experiences as me. Plus, it is very cathartic for me. I love to sit down, visit with the Lord and write out all my thoughts.

    I hope you and your family are enjoying the start to a wonderful weekend!

    Blessings,

    Teresa <><

    ReplyDelete
  7. You pretty much covered all my reasons for blogging. We have done the moving thing a lot too, and it is nice to have the constant of blogging to keep me sane.

    In other news....I realized that somehow I wasn't following you over here. Stalker fail. I remedied that so now I can find you everywhere!

    Don't be scared. =)

    ReplyDelete

You made it this far? Go ahead, leave your comment! Make it KIND Or I will have to delete it.