Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The long and the short of it--Me and blogging. Part 1

I'm about to express a lot in my heart right now. So please bear with me. I might be long-winded. I will try and be as thoughtful and entertaining as I can. K? Thanks for reading this.

   


  Why I started blogging 
At first, I came into the blog world a stranger. I didn't even know what to expect. I just wanted to keep in touch with old friends and family. And soon that list of only friends and family grew to about 20-25 people. I commented on their blogs and enjoyed hearing from news from their families.
   But not all of them updated every day. And I began to crave this thing, I had newly discovered. Blogging. Now I don't drink at all, but I'm gonna compare blogging to your first stiff drink. I was drunk with blog posts. I had to get MORE.

And then I saw it.
  On the start-up page of Blogger.com it says in BOLD letters: Create a blog in 3 easy minutes! Or something like that. And so I did.

Good criminy. When I first started blogging I had no idea you probably shouldn't put your last name on your url and I didn't know about SEO, and commenting and what the heck a meme was. I just knew I had a passion and I just had to write. And I had to have the feeling of publication. *Now I'm ready to submit some of my stuff to magazines now. All because of blogging.*

  I went ahead and found blogs from my favorite places I visited and joined their sites! I commented like crazy in hopes just ONE would post a comment. It took me a while to get noticed. In defense to those who did not make comments at first, it is because my first few posts were LAME. Man, I wouldn't have commented on them. I actually think I have come a L-O-N-G way since then.

  As my followers grew, (Remember this is my second blog) I got excited. I got excited that people were actually listening to me. And after I attended my FIRST real life blogger conference, the comments I got multiplied a TON after that. I actually felt like a blogger.

 What does a "being a blogger" feel like?
  For once I feel like I can say anything and be heard. And that people care when I hurt or have tears or if I'm happy. I used to care about what others would think and say about my posts and now, (for fear I might get a nasty comment) but my delete key and I, are best friends. For life. If I ever get a nasty comment, I can always hit the delete key.
  And I know that sometimes, some people just don't understand why I blog.
But I do.

I blog for me-- because I have a passion.
I blog for others--to so  I can connect with the world.
I blog for freedom,--freedom to escape into my own world and write.
Writing for me is a release of my emotions.
Mainly so I don't kill my kids or my husband...


And that's how I started blogging.

Next up: Why I stick with blogging. :)




5 comments:

  1. Keep blogging please! I sure do enjoy your look at life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh thanks Christy! I really do enjoy connecting with people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a wonderful friend andblogger.. Keep it coming sistah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Especially what you have there in the fine print at the bottom. ME TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. This was sweet. Good for you! I can't wait to see the next post!

    ReplyDelete

You made it this far? Go ahead, leave your comment! Make it KIND Or I will have to delete it.