Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Blog Bash Challenge #3 Rekindle-The High School Years

Blog Bash

I'm somewhat late to the link-up and I apologize. I had other stuff going on. :)
I am participating in Brittany's challenge #3 Rekindle--> Or what I like to call the High School Years.

*sigh*

The high school years. Such sweet memories for me. NOT! I liked high school okay and all, but my high school was FULL of rich kids. And I never fell in that category at all. I still don't fall into the rich category.  But there was a high school experience I will never forget. Oft times I wish I could go back and change what I actually did, but it is too late now. 

*Names have been changed to protect the innocent* 

Senior year
  I liked Scott from day one. He sat behind be for the l-o-n-g-e-s-t time. He had long legs and he always used to spread his legs out so it always felt like he was closer to me, (since I was sitting in front of him.) He almost always wore a jean jacket to school. He had a gorgeous smile. Scott had brown hair and bright blue eyes and he could always make me laugh.
  What Scott did NOT know is that I wrote love poems to him all through my creative writing class. I wrote a poem all about him entitled: "Because i love you" talking about how i am the only girl who understands him and he has to come to me, because our love is like a burning fire, and how I could extinguish it for him...yada yada...He was a junior. But I didn't care. I was in love with him.  He never did reciprocate my feelings for him though. His best friend Jake did. He liked me. A lot. Mucho.
  Jake worked at the Little Caesar's pizza where I lived. My mom would order pizza on the weekend from the place Jake worked. I'd usually pick up the pizza.

INTERJECTION: I liked Jake as a friend. I was too chicken to take a plunge towards his direction because A-:I liked Scott and B: he was kinda a dork in high school. He was the odd ball out. I didn't want people talking about us. I didn't want to be a dork.

Back to the story.
  When I picked up the pizza from his store, I always allowed him to flirt with me. And I in turn would flirt with him. His nickname for me was "Beautiful." This guy, Jake, and I would have 2-3 hour conversations about life and love and how beautiful I was. He got me through a bad break-up. He was always there for me. In a way, I guess you could call Jake, my Jacob. (You know from Twilight.)

I wish I could go back. I wish I would have kissed Jake l-o-n-g and hard. I would date him. I would allow him to take me to Senior prom in front of all the snobs that went to my high school.  And I wouldn't care what they thought. Because I was in love.
 
What happen to Scott? Oh who knows? I don't even care anymore. I would like to know where Jake is now. Because he gave me the confidence I needed for college. The "sexy" confidence every woman should have. Thanks Jake. I will never forget you.

That's my high school memory, Brittany.
Thanks for taking me back.

8 comments:

  1. You should find Jake on FB and write him some poetry LOL Great story, I was smiling the whole way through!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe you me, I've tried.
    I can't find him anywhere.
    Thanks! Glad I made you smile!
    This story brought back a TON of good memories for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to write him love poems though--lol, to see how he is doing....

    ReplyDelete
  4. lmbo yeah hubster might not appreciate the love poems thing... I did both of these tonight too lol..

    ReplyDelete
  5. *sniffle*
    That is so sweet
    Okay I'm gonna have to do you like I do Angel...
    If you keep making me all teary -eyed I'm gonna tell MOM. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a touching high school memory - I'm so glad you shared!

    And you want to find him? I think that's why the Internet was invented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't funny how we did things back then? Thanks for visiting Peaceful Divas! Enjoying reading your posts! Following You!

    ReplyDelete

You made it this far? Go ahead, leave your comment! Make it KIND Or I will have to delete it.